FIGHTING THE ODDS.

Apparently I'm still awake doing something on an early Sunday morning - my clock ticked 2:12am. It had been an exhausted week for me since the "Return to work" syndrome had pumped up more blood into my blood vessel. The bonus added part was I had to sleep less than 5 hours a day for the past four days and it has bring forth the Result of = I am still awake now! I couldn't sleep even though it is a resting day for me today and Monday as well.

Saturday 7th Feb 09 just ended 2 hours ago, Sunday 8th Feb 09 just creeped in. I was looking at my calendar and I found myself looking at the dates for the following week with doubts and question marks kept popping in the air. Suddenly a blink of awareness filled my empty void. Obviously the annoucement I heard on radio stations and the advertisement on the papers and also fwd emails i received for the past few days and even the Internet share the similarity of relating the information that I received...

It is Valentines Day knocking on our door step. The feeling of Aw... ~~ drooled me into the picture of dating someone for this festive... but immediatly an alarm bell rang in my head telling me that I did not and forgotten to allocate a budget for this "festive" - "commercialized occasion." Aw again ~~ I think I just need to dig deep into my "play jug" to see whether there's any extra =)

I ponder for a while on what should I do for Valentine day. Should I dine out or I just plain cook at home. Maybe I should get presents or maybe I should buy flowers? All of the mentioned rang the alarm again reminding me once more that I "MIGHT" not have the budget for it since I totally forgot about it. =D sad but true, there's so much thing going on since the start of the New Year. I was just too busy with my schedule till I can't bother at times to take my wabbits for a swim in the pool. <- (ok, that's a joke, what I meant is bath)

Fighting the odds that I would date someone I love or should I date someone that I befriended for ages? =) I guess most of us would date someone whom we love. I am clueless at this point. Have you ever felt that no matter what you do, you'll get pain? For example, some people feel that if they stay in a relationship, they'll be miserable because they felt that they are not meant to be, but if they leave, they'll be lonely and even more miserable. As a result, they do nothing and feel miserable!

All my life I had been fighting for what I believe I would want in life. From the moment I woke up in the morning, I dragged my butt into the wash room and lifted my head and look myself into the mirror with a pair of tired eye balls but still I motivate myself even if I had just encountered something catastrophic yesterday. I would be lying to you if I were to say I always win in life, I would say I went through some of the most indescribable experiences in life and it varies from different stages of my life, history of my childhood, studies, relationship, work and etc.

Events and experiences in the past had taught me rather than feeling trapped, I used this pain as my strongest ally. I feel this pain of mine with emotional intensity that allows me to leverage to finally do something about it. This is what we call reaching emotional threshold. I believe instead of passively waiting for this inevitable emotion, I consciously and actively produce it in a way that motivates myself to make my life better =) This method works tremendously well in my life.

Last but not least, I urge everyone to treat each day as a "Wake up call" to remind yourself that you can do greater things in life. Everyone is gifted in may ways. For me. I wake up everyday telling myself that each day is a fight for my freedom-"My financial freedom" =) Everyone have different goals in life. It is this that motivates and push you to the limits each day. What is life without goals? Always ask yourselves what you do today does it contributes to your success and happiness in life?

Cheers,
Michael Wong

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
- Quoted from the Movie, Gladiator.

0 Dreams:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum